What we offer. Residencies usually spans two to three months and include:
- Free rehearsal space up to 8 hours/week (flexible to specific situations).
- A fully-produced performance run.
- 1-2 weekends / 3-6 performances.
- We supply technical personnel incl. lighting design.
- We print advertising materials and assist with digital marketing and publicity efforts.
What we require. Residencies are specifically for creating new work, and must meet the following criteria:
- The bulk of the process should occur during the residency.
- The work must be premiered here.
- Residents provide front-of-house staff for performances.
- Residents design all promotional materials.
- Residents distribute promotional materials after we print them.
- Residents must offer some form of sharing with the community: open rehearsal, mid-process showing, etc.
- Residents must offer some form of educational giving back, such as holding workshops or weekly classes.
All proceeds from performance admission and classes are used by PHCA to off-set costs.