Make ANYWHERE a Performance Space with Control Group's M.A.P.S. Trailer.
Augmenting an existing Venue? Of course.
Retail space? Easily.
Abandoned building? Totally.
Street corner? No problem.
Wilderness? Yup – it's done that before.
The MAPS Trailer is a box trailer full of gear – lighting, sound, A/V, soft goods, rigging, etc – staffed by Control Group personnel with experience conjuring venues in virtually any setting.
It's available for events across the Front Range (and beyond? Really, anywhere that's reachable by trailer, I guess...), with scaled rates and subsidized pricing for artists and non-profits.
Interested? Contact us!
AN INCOMPLETE PILE OF DETAILS
The MAPS Trailer is an initiative of Control Group's Artist Services Program. It is a "program" with an intentionally incomplete vision: designed to embrace many visions and uses.
The MAPS Trailer serves the following activities:
- All of our in-house production activities (company projects, GAP, HOME, etc.);
- Other artists' and organizations' events and activities, through collaborative programming, co-productions, and rentals;
- events of all kinds across the Colorado Front Range, through rentals scaled to need and capacity.
The MAPS Trailer is available for hire for activities ranging from a few hours to multiple weeks.
MAPS Trailer usages also include a Control Group staff member. This knowledgeable technician sets up and operates the equipment, and can also provide valuable event support including but not limited to:
- venue layout/design/usage plan;
- lighting design and operation;
- sound design and operation;
- video design and operation;
- stage and event management;
- choreographic consultation;
- understudy for unreliable actors;
- basic janitorial duties;
- and... some other stuff.
The following are estimates based on common usages. For an exact quote, please contact us with your event details.
Estimates include (1) technician able to provide full lighting design/installation/operation, sound installation/operation, and installation/operation of other equipment. Additional personnel may be required depending on design plan and implementation time.
(non-profit performance activities within our Artist Services programming goals)
Piecemeal: 4-6 hour usage of limited equipment . . . $500
Single Day: 6-10 hour usage of equipment . . . . . . . $1,200
Full Week: 7 day usage of equipment . . . . . . . . . . . $2,500
Extra Weeks: for multi-week production run . . . . . . . $1,200
(for-profit activities outside of our programming service goals)
Piecemeal: 4-6 hour usage of limited equipment . . $600-2,000
Single Day: 6-10 hour usage of equipment . . . . . . . $3,000
Full Week: 7 day usage of equipment . . . . . . . . . . . $7,500
Our current equipment holdings focus on the technical needs of performance – lights, sound, etc. We don't (yet) have seating or risers, or a transportable dance floor – but we'd sure love donations of those things, or dollars to buy them!
Here's an approximate/incomplete inventory of its equipment:
- Basic band PA with 500W amp and balance components
- 8-channel mixer
- (2) 500W EV speakers
- (3) corded microphones & stands
For multi-room events (additional costs):
- MOTU 16A Hybrid Audio Interface
- Russound D1650 8-zone Amp
- 2,000' speaker cable
- (10) 50W speakers
- ETC Smartfade 24/48-channel board
- (40+) dimmer channels in (2) Leprecon 6-packs and many ADJ 4-packs
- (8) ellipsoidal (focusable) instruments (mostly Source4 Jr Zooms)
- (10) Fresnels (vintage Colortran 1K)
- (16) Par 64s
- (2) Par 56s
- (16) Par 38s
- (2) strobe lights
- (10+) non-standard instruments (construction lights, vintage instruments, etc.)
- (3) rechargeable battery-powered LED construction lights
- Sundry colored gels
- 500'+ DMX cabling
- ca. 3,000' extension cords (edison plugs)
- Antari Ice 800 fog machine
- Sony XGA-VPL-CX21 Projector (throw width 9'-11' per 16' distance)
- (3) additional projectors (questionable reliability)
- 200' VGA cabling
- (8) base plates for light trees or pipe structures
- 100' of 1.5" threaded pipe
- (5) folding tables (various sizes)
- 12x20' black canvas curtain
- ca. 100' in additional black soft goods
- ca. 40 linear feet each red and white curtains
- Sundry rigging hardware (C-clamps, beam clamps, L-brackets, etc.)
- Sundry construction tools
- and... some other stuff.
Didn't answer all your questions? I'm not surprised (we're still figuring out how to package all this awesomeness and put it to work). We'd love to hear from you!