Control Group is founded on an All Boats Rising principle of whole-community development – forward progress for our field and our local culture, not just our own artistic voice and practice. We pursue this mission through three core programs:
Our COMPANY creates original works conceived and created collaboratively under the direction of Control Group artistic director Patrick Mueller. Starting in 2019, our Company will focus on longer-burn, deeper-impact projects, with longer performance runs and richer production values. Every project will involve a social engagement initiative alongside the collaborative artistic process.
More about past and upcoming projects on our Works page.
Our ARTIST SERVICES PROGRAM cultivates the local performance culture and professional community through a variety of offerings for Front Range artists to refine their craft and create and present new works. Programming is based squarely on inside knowledge of the local scene's challenges and infrastructure gaps, combining critical resources with personnel expertise to create change and cultivate sustainability across our community.
Current programming includes:
- Guest Artist Presenting (GAP) Initiative. The GAP Initiative responds to a critical need in Colorado’s performing arts infrastructure: a path for emerging artists to develop and self-produce ambitious new works. The GAP Initiative brings to bear Control Group’s full spectrum of equipment, experience, and human resources on a new production by a local emerging artist ready for a major career leap. Contact us with interest in being consider for our 2020 GAP programming.
- Making Anywhere a Performance Space. Our M.A.P.S. Trailer full of gear and an expert technician, able to turn virtually any location into a performance venue. Click here for details.
- HOME – where dance lives. This semiannual showcase of local dance features new works by extraordinary artists & companies from across the Front Range. Click here for more information on how to participate.
- Immersive Design Consulting. Control Group stands at the center of the local immersive theatre scene, with a growing depth of experience in different presenting formats, interactive tactics, audience-active structuring of events and experiences. We love sharing what we've learned in this emerging field, and working with artists and businesses on exciting new projects.
- Presenting Partnerships providing production and technical support for new works by local and visiting artists and groups. Contact us with interest.
- Artist Residencies for new and emerging local artists. Click here for more information and application.
- Subsidized Training for professionals and advanced students. Click here for our current class & workshop offerings.
Our COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM connects our practices and dialogs with our audiences, the general public, and targeted populations of need. Free and affordable performance events, artist chats, and volunteer activities with other organizations all help us connect our work with new people, in new ways. These activities blur the lines between stage and audience, between life skills and artistic practice, providing exciting platforms for multi-directional progress and growth in our community.
We've recently explicated our commitment to make Social Engagement an aspect of every Company project.
For more about our 2019 program Acts of Arrival, click here.
Contact us with interest in bringing Community Engagement activities to your venue, studio, school, or other community gathering place.
Community partnerships are integral to most of our programming initiatives. Recent partners include:
Our work is supported by: