Control Group is founded on a principle of whole-community development – forward progress for our field and our local culture, not just our own artistic voice and practice. We pursue this mission through three core programs:
Our PERFORMANCE ENSEMBLE creates original works pursuing the vision of artistic director Patrick Mueller. More on our Works page.
Our ARTIST SERVICES PROGRAM provides resources and opportunities to fellow professionals on the Front Range and beyond through:
- Artist Residencies for new and emerging local artists. Click here for more information and application.
- Subsidized Training for professionals and advanced students. Click here for our current class & workshop offerings.
- HOME Showcases – semi-annual performances featuring new works by local artists & companies. Click here for more information on how to participate.
- The ANYWHEREVENUE – a trailer full of gear and an expert technician, able to turn virtually any location into a performance venue. Click here for details.
- Presenting Partnerships providing production and technical support for new works by local and visiting artists and groups. Contact us with interest.
Our COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM connects our practices and dialogs with our audiences, the general public, and targeted populations of need. Free and affordable performance events, artist chats, and volunteer activities with other organizations all help us connect our work with new people, in new ways. These activities blur the lines between stage and audience, between life skills and artistic practice, providing exciting platforms for multi-directional progress and growth in our community.
For more about our 2018-19 program Acts of Arrival, click here.
Contact us with interest in bringing Community Engagement activities to your venue, studio, school, or other community gathering place.
Community partnerships are integral to most of our programming initiatives. Recent partners include:
Our work is supported by: